The cover illustration features an Arcturan alien standing on a space platform with a bright light shining behind it
It's a Space Jam-med With Aliens!
Strap yourself into the console! You've just entered Madame Zapps new Virtual Reality arcade. But once you take on these virtual worlds, forget about scoring. You'll be too busy trying to stay alive!
If you're a real space cadet check out, "Adrift Off Vega" where you end up in space, fighting super-smart--and super-deadly—Arcturian aliens. Or maybe you'd like to try an Arctic adventure in "Abominable Snow Woman." But remember to pack your parka—or you could end up a human popsicle...
The choice is yours in this scary GOOSEBUMPS adventure that's packed with over 20 super-spooky endings!
You and your friends, Katy and Jordan, visit Madame Zapp's new Virtual Reality Arcade. The two main storylines result from the decision to either play Abominable Snow Woman or Adrift off Vega. Abominable Snow Woman takes you to the Arctic, where you meet a boy named Andy. Together, you search for the Abominable Snow Woman, to escape the game. Adrift off Vega takes you to space, where aliens attack you, including a giant lizard and a blob. Also, the evil Arcturan aliens ask you three difficult questions.
List of endings
There are nineteen bad endings and three good endings.
- Making a leaf hat out of alien tree leaves, you find they amplify the sun's heat and cause you to be burned alive instantly.
- To buy Katy and Jordon time to escape, you battle the alien lizard with one of its decor swords. Cutting off its hand results in them showing their ability to regrow their limbs. You try to decapitate it next but it regenerates its head as well and pins you down before eating you.
- When Andy and you pick up both the magnifying glass and the compass, a beam of sunlight reflects off the compass, passes through the magnifying glass and starts defrosting the cavern. The two of you end up getting buried in an avalanche of snow.
- You decide to dig out a snow cave to wait out a blizzard, but you accidentally destroy the machine console in the process. This causes a fire at the game center and you get a bill from Madame Zapp for all the damage you caused.
- Getting stuck in an Igloo with nothing but blubber to eat.
- Trapped on a planet with huge insectoid creatures. They appoint you as consultants on their cooking show, where all the meals are made of moldy garbage.
- You insisted on driving the snowmobile, and won an arm wrestling match with Andy to decide who should drive it. But since you don't know how to drive it, you crash into a glacier and die.
- You and Andy follow the Ice Hound, but it lures you to be a meal for its puppies.
- You get the wrong answer to one of the Arcturans' questions, so they force you to work in their spice mine.
- Upon failing to answer the Arcturan's math question correctly, they make you into a mind slave of their's.
- A bunch of alien eggs hatch out to reveal alien insects. Your exit is blocked by a giant larva, and it can be assumed the hatchlings make a meal out of you.
- The giant blob monster chases you after it absorbed Katy and Jordan, but a saucer arrives where you are and the alien piloting it rescues you before taking off. You ask if they can take you home and they agree to. It says "You'll be home in only three thousand of your years!".
- You find the wrong amount of numbers in the Arcturan's word search puzzle. You, Katy, and Jordan beg to be sent back home and are allowed go back to Earth, but as floating heads because the Arcturan's could only transport your minds.
- Hurling a spear at a giant pelican, you manage to knock it out of the sky. But you and Andy happen to be standing underneath it, and it lands on top of you, crushing you under its weight.
- You escape from "Abominable Snow Woman", but everything you touch with your right hand freezes instantly.
- For the next hundred years, you and Andy are forced to make snow balls for the Abominable Snow Woman because you've destroyed the machine that makes them for her ice-tennis game.
- You think the best way of defeating the giant blob monster is by throwing the bottle a Vegan gave you from earlier at it. However, the blob merely absorbs it and launches it back at your head which knocks you out cold. When you come to, you learn that you've turned into a blob.
- Because you cheated at a maze puzzle, the Snow Woman turns you into part of the game. You're condensed into pixels and can never return to the real world.
- You activate the emergency hatch inside a spaceship, which rapidly sucks all the oxygen out of the ship, so you can't breathe.
- Running out of options of escape, you come up with an idea to somehow corrupt the game's data and defeat the Snow Woman by speaking in a different language, reasoning the game only supports English. You and Andy then speak in Pig Latin and the game glitches, destroying the Snow Woman in the progress and consequently returning you both to the real world upon "winning".
- After successfully clearing all the levels and correctly answering the Arcturan's quiz, they all explode and you, Katy, and Jordan are transported back to the Vegan spacecraft. The race is finally liberated and they celebrate your victory before safely returning you three back to Madame Zapp's Virtual Reality Arcade.
- Locating a peculiar device similar to the arcade's booths inside the Abominable Snow Woman's lair, You and Andy think it may be a way back home and try using it. You both return as assumed, but you've both swapped bodies as result. However, you're in no rush switching back, because his mother is a better cook than yours.
- All the books before this book had a box that said " READER BEWARE...YOU CHOOSE THE SCARE!" at the top, but this was the first book that did not have this anymore. Instead, it said "Reader Beware... You Choose the Scare!" at the bottom of this book, without any more box. This continued for all the Give Yourself Goosebumps books until the last one, All-Day Nightmare.
- The original cover illustration was flipped horizontally similarly to the artwork for Chicken Chicken.
- There is a question about the Give Yourself Goosebumps book Trapped in Bat Wing Hall.
- The back of this book calls the alien race Arcturians. The species is called Arcturan throughout the book.
- One page references Sega and Nintendo, another mentions Shaquille O'Neal.
- The tagline references the film Space Jam.