Vampire Breath is the seventeenth episode of Season 2 of the Goosebumps TV series. The episodes aired on Fox Network on November 23, 1996. The episode was based on the Goosebumps book of the same title. It was directed by Ron Oliver.
- Zack Lipovsky (a.k.a. Zach Lipovsky) as Freddy Renfield (Freddy Martinez)
- Meredith Henderson as Cara Renfield (Cara Simonetti)
- Earl Pastko as Count Nightwing
- Krista Dufresne as Gwendolyn
- Nola Augustson as Mom Renfield
- Robert McClure as Dad Renfield
Differences from the Book
- Freddy and Cara are twins instead of best friends.
- In the book, Freddy's last name is Martinez, and Cara's last name is Simonetti. In the episode, Freddy and Cara both have the last name Renfield.
- Instead of being teleported back in time to an old castle, Freddy and Cara go down a slide into a vampire-infested cave beneath their house.
- Gwendolyn was actually a friend and did not try to bite Freddy and Cara.
- The ending was different. It turned out that their parents were vampires, making Freddy and Cara vampires as well. Their birthday surprises were bunk coffins, and their fangs.
- The ending does not feature the discovery of "Werewolf Sweat", and Cara does not turn into a werewolf in the episode.
- This is the second of three episodes on the DVD, Attack of the Jack-O'-Lanterns.
- Meredith Henderson, who played Cara Renfield also starred in the 2008 movie Jumper with actor Hayden Christensen, who played Zane O'Dell in the TV episodes of Night of the Living Dummy III, also in season 2.
- The scene in which Freddy and Cara are running through a tunnel from Count Nightwing is actually recycled footage from Season 1's A Night in Terror Tower.