HEY GOOSEBUMPS FANS!
We had the chance to see the Goosebumps (2015 film) panel at this year's New York Comic Con...and let's just say it was AWESOME! We got to see three preview clips of the movie, which were equally hilarious and terrifying. Slappy the Dummy in particular was EXTREMELY creepy (in the best way possible).
The panel stars included R. L. Stine himself, the director Rob Letterman, and some of the cast- including Jack Black, Dylan Minnette, Odeya Rush, and Ryan Lee.
Here are some fun things that we learned...
- If Jack Black created his OWN Goosebumps novel, it would be called The Floating Octopus of Algernon (off the top of his head).
- Dylan Minnette's favorite Goosebumps novel is Say Cheese and Die!.
- R. L. Stine's favorite books include Night of the Living Dummy and The Haunted Mask (both of which make an appearance in the movie).
- A fan asked if the movie will become a franchise and Rob Letterman joked that their producer is the same producer as The Fast and the Furious, so with that the case there might be eight or nine Goosebumps films.
- Danny Elfman himself did the score for the movie (we got to listen to a bit and it was incredible).
- R. L. Stine's son's "claim to fame" is that he has NEVER read a Goosebumps novel. He used to take bribes (10 dollars or so) from his friends to get his dad to write them into the novels.
- One scene in the movie is in a supermarket and the cast shot it in a real supermarket one minute after the store closed until one hour before it opened every night.
All in all, it was such a fun panel with great energy. We got to hear Jack Black sing, R. L. Stine joke around, and the fans themselves got to ask everyone their questions.