The cover shows The Ooze. The Ooze is in the shape of a man.
Marco and Gabriella are best friends that are in love with The Ooze. Marco is a diehard fan of The Ooze, a comic book villain with the power to sludge his enemies. So when he finds a super-rare edition of one of The Ooze's comics at the Chiller House gift shop, Marco is sure he has found something special for his collection. They get freaked out.
Outside of HorrorLand, there are a few other people interested in the comic book. The kind of people you do not want to mess with. Like a muscular monster of a man dressed as The Ooze. But if he is only wearing a costume, why does he leave an oily mess everywhere he goes? And why is he following Marco?
Cover Art Gallery
- The title of the book is a spoof of The Wizard of Oz.
- Some references were made in this book:
- Marco has a comic book collection and was a massive fan of a comic villain book before The Ooze became his real enemy. This is similar to Attack of the Mutant, which also featured another comic book villain.
- Marco had jumped off a chair to fly in the air. Jack Johnson also attempted to do that in How I Learned to Fly. The difference is Marco did fly for ten seconds and Jack just jumped off the chair.
- Marco was waiting behind the Dairy Freeze, an ice cream store that was mentioned in Say Cheese and Die!.