- Jeff Davis as Robbie
- Robin Weekes as Nathan
- Lauren Annis as Lori
- Matt Redman as Doug
- Dylan Provencher as Chris Wakely
- Lynn Vogt as Mrs. Wakely
- Chris Britton as Ghost of a Man
- Susannah Hoffmann as Ghost of a Woman
Differences from the story
- Jeff is not just afraid of mummies, but of everything the slightest bit spooky.
- Kim had a friend staying over during the episode, who was not at all in the short story.
- Kim plays multiple tricks on Jeff, though she does dress as a mummy for her final trick.
- Their father only appears in a telephone call.
- The entire television episode takes place at Jeff's home. So he never visits the library or buys the mummies dust.
- The mummy was not chained inside of the sarcophagus.
- In the episode, it is said the mummy killed his brother so that he could rule.
- The ending was changed also. The mummy is living, due to someone disturbing its sarcophagus and tries to get back its heart. But the heart gets destroyed when Jeff turns on the garbage disposal. Also, the mummy's cat attacks Jeff at the very last second in the television episode.
"The House of No Return" was released on DVD on September 6, 2005, as the first episode on Scary House. It was included in a 3-Pack Thriller DVD on August 26, 2014.
|Title||Release date||Media type|
|September 6, 2005||DVD|
|August 26, 2014||DVD|
- Goofs: The moon changes phases during the night that Chris goes into the house. Firstly it is a Full Moon. Then in the next shot, it is a Waxing Crescent.
- When Chris is surprised by the talking cuckoo clock, it is easy to notice that it is the same cuckoo clock from "The Cuckoo Clock of Doom".
- When The Ghost of a Man answers to Lori that he was the one who said something, Robbie called out to him "Chris, is that you?". Ironically, the man is called Chris in real life (Chris Britton, not Chris Wakely).
- Dylan Provencher (Chris) played Hat in "You Can't Scare Me!"
- Robin Weekes (Nathan) played Cory in "Be Careful What You Wish For..."