"The Ghost Next Door" is the third and fourth episode of season four of the Goosebumps TV series, and the sixty-ninth and seventieth episode overall. Part one and part two premiered on September 28, 1998 and September 29, 1998 on Fox Kids Network respectively.
- Nicole Dicker as Hannah Fairchild
- Cody Jones as Danny Anderson
- Neil Crone as Mr. Chesney
- J. Adam Brown as Alan
- Dov Tiefenbach as Fred
- Diego Matamoros as Shadow Figure (voice)
- Alex Fallis as Shadow Figure
- Amanda Hancox as Mrs. Anderson
- Judy White as Hannah's Mom (credit only)
- Salvatore Antonio as Pizza Delivery Boy (as Salvatore Milliore)
- Nicole Underhay as Cyclist
- Masato Chikusa as Pizza Eater (uncredited)
Differences from the book
- In the episode, Hannah sees the Shadow Figure immediately after having her nightmare. In the book, she doesn't encounter the figure until much later.
- Because Hannah sees the Shadow Figure at night, she tries to call 911. When Hannah is unable to communicate with the 911 operator, she goes outside and meets Danny Anderson for the first time. In the book, Hannah does not call 911 and meets Danny the next day.
- Hannah is said to wear day-glo clothing in the book, but in the television adaptation, she does not wear brightly colored clothing.
- In the episode, Danny's first encounter with Mr. Chesney occurs when he is almost hit by Mr. Chesney's mail truck. In the book, their first interaction occurs after Mr. Chesney attacks Danny's friend's dog.
- In the book, Mr. Chesney was a postmaster. However, in the episode, he is seen delivering mail. The job of a postmaster does not involve delivery, which means that Mr. Chesney is not a postmaster in the episode.
"The Ghost Next Door" was released on DVD on September 6, 2005. It was included in a 3-Pack Thriller DVD on August 26, 2014.
|Title||Release date||Media type|
The Ghost Next Door
|September 6, 2005||DVD|
|August 26, 2014||DVD|
- Throughout the episode, brief clips of piano music can be heard. The piece is Trio in E flat by Franz Schubert.
- The song that Hannah plays to save Danny is Schubert's Trio in E Flat Op. 100. It was also used in the movies, "Barry Lyndon" and "The Hunger."
- In the first scene, in the shot of The Music Academy award, Hannah Fairchild's first name is misspelled as Hanna.
- Goof: In the montage of important scenes from part one on the second part episode, when Danny Anderson falls into the bunch of garbage cans, the mask on the stuntman's face becomes undone and reveals him.
- Dov Tiefenbach (Fred) played Tim in season two's, "Bad Hare Day"
- Cody Jones (Danny) played Carly Beth's little brother Noah in season one's "The Haunted Mask" and season two's "The Haunted Mask II".
- Diego Matamoros, who voiced the shadow figure, played Morgred in season one's "A Night in Terror Tower".
- The street Danny and Hannah lived on-Cordina Way-was named after the show's producer, Lena Cordina.