|The Curse of Camp Cold Lake|
|Tagline||Last one in is a rotten...ghost!|
|Cover artist||Tim Jacobus|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|Release date||June 1997|
|Number of Endings|
|Previous book||The Blob That Ate Everyone|
|Next book||My Best Friend Is Invisible|
Sarah is sick and tired of how people at her camp treat her. Sarah then decides to pretend she drowns and everyone feels bad about it. Until she finds out that someone is stalking her and the plan is messed up. Because there is someone under the cold and dark lake.
The book received a mixed review from Troy Steele of Blogger Beware. Troy has stated that the book is "frustating". He praised the eerie snowy camp sequence in the middle, and he thought the twist that Della didn't drown in the lake is both "clever and unexpected". But Troy has also criticized that the final twist with Briana is "illogical", the book's prose was "clunky", and Sarah, the protagonist was "insufferably annoying". He ended up giving the book a "Thumbs Down", although he likes the cover a lot.
- The fact that the girl on the cover does not quite fit the description of Della or Briana leaves open the idea that we are seeing the ghastly sight that Sarah will eventually become.
- The story of Della's demise is similar to that of horror villian Jason Voorhees's demise from Friday the 13th.
- There exists a version in which the book is literally half the book length, although still the same story, various parts were cut.
- This book was never made into a television episode for the Goosebumps television series.
- Doesn't it seem weird that the counselors didn't notice that someone (Brianna), who died a year ago had been enrolling into the camp again?
- Brianna's death could have been unknown.
- Why can the camp counselors see Brianna, but not Della?
- Isn't it strange that Brianna gave Sarah a strange glance when she told her she seen a ghost?