Slappy New Year! is the eighteenth book in the Goosebumps HorrorLand book series, the seventh book of the Night of the Living Dummy saga, and the sixth book in the Chiller House arc. It was first published in 2010.
The cover shows Slappy wearing a party hat and blowing a party horn in a room filled with confetti and balloons.
Ray Gordon loves scaring his wimpy brother, Brandon, and now that he has gotten Slappy, a new dummy from Chiller House in HorrorLand, it is even more fun. His parents command him to stop or they will cancel his New Year's Eve party. So, why do weird things keep happening?
Originally, a book titled Slappy New Year was going to be a part of a 2001 Goosebumps book series titled Goosebumps Gold. However, the series and the books planned for it were canceled due to R. L. Stine's contract with Scholastic ending. Although the titles are nearly identical, Stine has confirmed that the Goosebumps Gold version of Slappy New Year does not have the same plot as the Goosebumps HorrorLand book. It is unknown what the original Goosebumps Gold plot was.
Cover Art Gallery
- Some references were made in this book:
- Brandon did some bad things to make it look like Slappy was doing them. That was like in Night of the Living Dummy as Lindy Powell also did bad things to make it look like Mr. Wood was doing them too. (But Brandon was more apologetic about his actions.)
- Ray had almost finished reading the ancient words when he first noticed them, but was called away before he could finish. That was like in Bride of the Living Dummy as Jillian Zinman had also almost finished saying the ancient words when she first noticed them and was called away before she could finish.
- Brandon was paying Ray back for his tricks by putting Slappy somewhere he shouldn't be to make it look like Ray was doing it. That was like in Night of the Living Dummy III as Zane O'Dell was also paying Trina and Dan back for their tricks by putting Rocky the Dummy somewhere he shouldn't be to make it look like they were doing it. Also at that, Ray thought his troubles were over and Trina thought the same thing.
- This is the first book in the second arc of the HorrorLand series to be a sequel.
- This book is the first time Slappy physically harmed his victims violently.
- Ray's first and last name is later shared with another character from the book A Nightmare on Clown Street.