The cover shows Slappy standing in front of the Stine house.
Slappy gives readers his tips and tricks to getting revenge on someone, along with his revenge on R.L. Stine, Zach Cooper, Hannah, and Champ. He also tells the reader about the rules of Trick club, the agents of B.A.A.A.A.D, being cruel to your school, giving yourself an aliases, posse, giving states and countries scary names, and reviewing his favorite shows and movies, including Adventure Slime (Adventure Time), SpongeBrain ScaredPants (SpongeBob SquarePants), The Amazing Frightened Man (The Amazing Spider-Man) and more. At the end of the book, Slappy get's mad at the reader for being on Zach's side, and says that the reader will be his next victim to get revenge on.
- The book includes a quote by Slappy never said in the film, "Work with me, and you can live, work against me, and well...you'll miss all the fun. "
- Slappy mentions HorrorLand and Mrs. Maaargh, although they didn't appear in the film.
- Slappy's Cafe-Tear-ia has a menu of food with a scary twist, this is similar to the Stagger Inn Doom Service Menu listed in Welcome to HorrorLand: A Survival Guide.
- One of R.L. Stine's allies in the book, "Ghoulberg" was used in Goosebumps: The Game.
- Unlike the other movie books, this book hints that Hannah is a ghost.
- On the wicked quizzes, if you mostly answer D, you're the Abominable Snowman, but strangely, on the final question, "What's your favorite Goosebumps Book?" Option D is mistakenly, "Beware, the Snowman" (The Abominable Snowman is really from The Abominable Snowman of Pasadena.)
- The book accidentally uses a picture of Clarissa for a vampire joke.
- There's a joke about the Headless Horseman, the main antagonist from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving, and the 1999 Tim Burton film, Sleepy Hollow.
- The book's title is referenced in the movie, when Stine says "Slappy's Revenge is a good title".
- In Brazil, this book is called 'A Vingança', which can be translated to "The Revenge".