Return to the Carnival of Horrors is the twenty-second book in the Give Yourself Goosebumps gamebook series, and is a sequel to the first Give Yourself Goosebumps book, Escape from the Carnival of Horrors. This was the last book in the series to use the original cover design before it changed in the next book, Zapped in Space.
The cover artwork features a bunch of crazed ghosts riding a long roller coaster that seems to extend far off into the background.
There are 18 bad endings and 3 good endings.
You revisit the Carnival of Horrors from the first Give Yourself Goosebumps book, Escape from the Carnival of Horrors. Cousin Floyd accompanies you on the journey, as does Patty, who appeared in part one.
- Being eaten by hot dogs.
- Melting to death after the slugs spit on you with acid slime.
- After being from the middle of nowhere, a giant letter X and T fall near you. Then, a whole bunch of other giant alphabet letters fall down from above, burying you.
- Attacked by a bunch of small squids.
- Drowning with lead life preserver.
- Eaten by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Being attacked and presumably decapitated by small elves.
- Being attacked by a squid.
- Struck by lightning and dazed by the millions of sparks.
- Stuck in outer space.
- Becoming a crane prize after the crane machine sucks you inside.
- Being strangled by a venomous snake.
- Devoured by a purple-colored tornado.
- Becoming a robot.
- Becoming a skeleton.
- Being crushed by the heavy gravity of planet Jupiter.
- After losing a bet, you start to rapidly age to nothing.
- A robot prize explodes after you decide to tamper around with its circuits.
- You escape back in time to the morning when you awoke and it turns out to be just an ordinary day.
- You escape with passes to the Carnival of Horrors.
- After tricking Big Al, freeing all of the ghosts, and finding your uncle, you escape from the carnival.
Cover Art Gallery
- The book usually keeps out gender specific words, but on page 28 you are referred to as a male twice.
- Say Cheese and Die! is mentioned.
- This book assumes that you followed one particular storyline of Escape From the Carnival of Horrors and got the related good ending — but also refers to some things from the second storyline, which you supposedly encountered during your first visit to the carnival, even though there's no way this would be possible in the original book.