The cover shows two Lawn Gnomes with evil grins.
Jay Gardener is a mischievous kid who can't stay out of trouble. Unfortunately, Jay gets in so much trouble, his family is forced to move. But there's something odd about Jay's new town. Why does everyone have lawn gnomes in front of their homes? And why is everyone afraid to go outside at night? Jay is about to learn that mischief can lead to terror.
- The book title is a reference to 1968 sci-fi movie "Planet of the Apes"
- This book is not a direct sequel to the book "Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes" because it happens at a different place and with different characters.
- Some references were made in this book:
- This book is based on the Goosebumps book, Welcome to Camp Nightmare especially with the twist ending. Adding to that, Jay Gardener has the same big blue eyes and red hair as the Jay from the same (only his hair is just curly and not so wild) and they're both quite mischievous. They may not be the same person (or alien), but that does make them strikingly similar.
- The whole neighborhood having the same lawn gnomes outside each of their homes was like in Beware, the Snowman, where the village had every snowman outside each house.
|Goosebumps Most Wanted series|
|#01 Planet of the Lawn Gnomes||#06 Creature Teacher: The Final Exam|
|#02 Son of Slappy||#07 A Nightmare on Clown Street|
|#03 How I Met My Monster||#08 Night of the Puppet People|
|#04 Frankenstein's Dog||#09 Here Comes the Shaggedy|
|#05 Dr. Maniac Will See You Now||#10 The Lizard of Oz|
|Goosebumps Most Wanted: Special Edition|
|#01 Zombie Halloween||#03 Trick or Trap|
|#02 The 12 Screams of Christmas||#04 The Haunter|