"Perfect School" was the seventh short story in the book Even More Tales to Give You Goosebumps.
Very unhappy with their son, Brian's parents send him to a very quick Boarding School. The perfect boarding school. Sessions are only for two weeks and as soon as Brian arrives, everything on his person is taken away from him. He is told to stand in the line according to height and is also told he will be given an assigned number and a plain gray themed wardrobe. The number he is given will be his new name.
While on the train, Brian made a friend named CJ. But, almost immediately he is in trouble for horsin' around with him. Brian is then sent to the Pattern Room. A child inside the walls of the institute warns Brain against going inside the Pattern Room, but Brian figures it can't be that bad.
A man inside the Pattern Room, which resembles a doctor's office, measures every part of Brian. It gradually dawns on Brian that they are planning to replace him with a robot!
This plan is confirmed by other children currently in the walls. Brian makes a very daring escape but is tricked by CJ into joining the other slave children! CJ reveals that he works for the boarding school and soon his parents are presented with their son, who is now a robot. Just as they wanted...
Only, he is not a robot. He is the real Brian, who escaped at the last moment and now he must pretend to be a robot or else get found out. He also plans to rescue the other children from the school and shut down the school's operations.
- The parents expect the robot at the end of the short story, but the television episode, they expect a perfect biological son instead.
- At the end of the television episode, it's shown that Brian is working on busting out the other children.
- The situation with Brian's friend is different in the show compared to the short story.
- In the short story, the school creates robots of the students. In the television episode, they create their clones instead.
Television Episode Trivia
- David Roemmele (Billy Brown) played Mike in Season 1's Welcome to Camp Nightmare.
- These episodes have been released on DVD.