- Maggie Castle as Amy Kramer
- Caterina Scorsone as Sara Kramer
- Andrew Sardella as Jed Kramer
- Gina Clayton as Mrs. Kramer
- Richard Fitzpatrick as Mr. Kramer
- Kerry Duff as Margo
- Shadia Simmons as Alicia
- Ron Stefaniuk as the voice of Slappy the Dummy
Differences from the book
- The accidents Slappy causes are slightly different from the book: ruining Sara's painting, insulting Amy's family on their family night, forcing Margo to break her friendship with Amy (by grabbing onto her little sister's hand and almost crushing it) and making Amy smash her dad's guitar (which Slappy attempted to smash over Amy's parents whilst they were asleep).
- In the book, the girls had already made a plan to take out Slappy by having Jed dress up as Dennis and have the parents hide in the closet. But in the television episode, they didn't do this.
- The book ends with them wondering who saved them. But in the episode, it is made clear that Dennis was the one who defeated Slappy. Dennis, in a Goofy-esque voice, remarks that "it's good to be back in the family again".
- Instead of Slappy's head being broken on the bed post, it is the end of the living room fireplace.
- Instead of the worm coming out of his head, it is actually his green spirit. Presumably in reference to the original Night of the Living Dummy.
- Margo's sister, Alicia, is exclusive to the television episode. The little girl is actually the birthday girl at her party.
"Night of the Living Dummy II" was released on DVD on September 11, 2007, as the second episode on Night of the Living Dummy. It was rereleased with new cover and disc art on September 11, 2012. It was included in a 3-Pack Thriller DVD on August 26, 2014.
|Title||Release date||Media type|
Night of the Living Dummy
|September 11, 2007
September 11, 2012
|August 26, 2014||DVD|
- This episode was adapted into Goosebumps Presents book #5.
- This was the first Goosebumps episode to feature Slappy.
- This is the first time that Ron Stefaniuk provides both the puppetry and voice for Slappy. He would later provide the puppetry for Slappy in the "Night of the Living Dummy III" two-part episode, but Cathal J. Dodd provided Slappy's voice in Night of the Living Dummy III when Stefaniuk was too busy to voice the character.
- Though the book on which this episode was based is a sequel, the original Night of the Living Dummy book was never filmed as a television episode; most likely because Slappy was not the antagonist of the original book
- Goof: When we see a long shot of Slappy about to smash the guitar on Amy and Jed's parents, you can see that he is propped up on a stand. It is easier to notice if you turn the brightness up and look carefully.
- The soundtrack to Jed's video is a remix of the opening theme played with an organ.
- Caterina Scorsone (Sara Kramer) later played Jessica Walters in the only Goosebumps mini-series, "Chillogy".
- Richard Fitzpatrick (Mr. Kramer) later played Dr. Richard Hawlings in Season 4's "How I Got My Shrunken Head".
- Kerry Duff (Margo) played Dori earlier in the season one's "Welcome to Camp Nightmare".
- Kerry Duff and Shadia Simmons also appeared together as sisters in another program. They also appeared as sisters Nicki and A.J. in the Are You Afraid of the Dark? episode "The Tale of the Night Nurse".
- In the promo for the episode, they accidentally said the wrong family name. In the book and episode, Amy is part of the Kramer family, but in the promo, they said the Davis family instead.
- The song heard in the family video in the first scene is a remastered version of the theme song.