The prismatic hologram design consists of purple-red with a hint of blue colored circles connected by diamonds. The cover illustration consists of vicious werewolves howling and snarling inside a forest clearing. In the background, one werewolf is howling on a cliff, with the full moon behind it.
Woodsorld? Or Werewolfworld?
Get out your bathing suit! You and your family are off on a summer vacation to a place called WoodsWorld. You can't wait to mess around down at the lake. Then at the Kids only Campfire you hear the rumor about WoodsWorld. Legend has it, werewolves roam the woods at night. But you're not scared. You're ready for adventure.
Will you explore the deepest, darkest part of the woods? Brave the Tunnel of Waves, home of the terrifying lake monster? Or battle an army of red fire ants? The choice is yours in this scary GOOSEBUMPS adventure that's packed with over 20 super-spooky endings!
You are vacationing at a resort in the middle of the woods by the name of Woodsworld with your dorky neighbor Todd. Todd's box of Pewter figurines is stolen from him by a band of bullies named the Murphy Brothers and he begs you to get them back for him. You go to the Kids Only Campfire to do so and hear Sharky Murphy tell the legends of the Werewolves of Woodsworld. The legend says that the wolves will leave at dawn, and that you must get the box before the wolves come out. You attempt to get the box and must face a pack of angry werewolves, and discover that Todd is one of them, or face a lake monster, fight off trolls, or battle an army of fire ants.
List of endings
There are fifteen bad endings, two ambiguous endings, and six good endings.
- You answer the Goosebumps question wrong and you turn into a paper-lantern person.
- You and Todd turn into werewolves.
- You push the STOP button in an elevator and you stop the story. You have no ending.
- You and Todd keep howling to keep the werewolves away.
- You wake up in your bed and see that Todd has turned into a werewolf.
- The troll curses you, Todd, and Lauren to say only one word: Gyzacck.
- You fail to catch Todd and he falls down the bottomless pit.
- A troll turns you, Todd, Lauren, and the Murphy brothers into trolls, with you as the troll leader.
- The werewolves makes friends with the Murphy brothers.
- You hit a mirror with the troll's reflection, instead of the troll himself. The troll turns you and Lauren into clones of Todd.
- It is implied that you were destroyed by a werewolf doctor.
- You are swallowed whole by the Deep Woods Lake Monster.
- The troll controls you and everyone else in Woodsworld.
- The troll turns you, Todd, and Lauren into fishes, and transports all of you to the Deep Woods Lake.
- You fail to capture a werewolf, and capture a dog instead.
- You stop the werewolves with jawbreakers, but you're stuck looking for Todd's box.
- You apologize to ants, but you still have to find Todd's box.
- The trolls disappear into the ground and you walk back to your cabin.
- A troll ends up finding Todd's box, but you manage to force him to drop it by shaking the tree he's sitting in. After Todd retrieves his box, he, Lauren, and you race back to the cabin.
- The whole ordeal was a dream, and you find out that only you and your parents will be going to Woodsworld.
- You wake up in your bed at the cabin and find out the whole thing was a dream. Todd is also waiting for you at the kids-only campfire.
- The other trolls defeat the evil troll leader. The Murphy brothers give Todd his box back, and become friends with you, Todd, and Lauren. You have to admit that Todd is cool.
- You defeat the werewolves with Todd's pewter collection as they fall into the pit and you wind up saving the Murphy brothers, who become friends with you and Todd. You accept Todd as a friend, and feel nothing will ever scare the both of you now.
- Illustrator Mark Nagata said in an interview that this book's cover was his favorite in the series.
- "How-ow-ow-owl!" is said 22 times throughout the book.