- Aaron Bartkiw as Larry Boyd
- Courtney Greig as Lily Turnbull
- Ric Reid as Mr. Boyd
- Alison Hope as Mrs. Boyd
- Christopher Bondy as Mr. Turnbull (as Chris Bondy)
- Suzanne Cyr as Mrs. Turnbull
- Dan MacDonald as Dr. Murkin
- Josh Wittig as Jared (as Joshua Wittig)
- Mauricio Rodas as Manny Hernández
- David Talbot as Man in Closet
- Demo Cates as Carl Summers
Differences from the book
- Larry doesn't care much about his hair in the episode; unlike the book.
- In the book, Larry collects the bottle of INSTA-TAN to give to Dr. Murkin to study and find a cure, only for dogs to chase him, and cause him to accidentally drop and break the bottle. Larry never finds the bottle again in the episode.
- Larry grew black hair in the book, not blonde like in the episode.
- The Battle of The Bands is omitted, and is replaced with the mention of a child's birthday party.
- Larry in the episode notices hair growing on both of his palms while having dinner with Lily's family, not in class.
- In the book, Larry's fur disappears every time he shaves himself, but regrows if it's left alone long enough, in the episode, the fur disappears every time Larry rests, but reappears if he uses energy since he lacks sweat glands.
- The book's story takes place for at least a week, while the episode takes place only for 3 days.
- Unlike the book where the band manages to be in The Battle of The Bands, and Jared isn't turned into a dog, the band never gets their audition for their first gig, and they're all turned into dogs.
- Larry has a similar hairstyle to that of Doctor Who's Colin Baker.
- Due to the failure of the serum on the dogs, it's likely the serum will also fail on the cats.
- Strangely, Manny, Lily and Jared don't show any symptoms of them returning to their original dog forms until Larry finds them.
- Unlike the book, Jared doesn't wear a Raider's cap.
- Kristina is absent from the television adaptation, reducing the band members from 5 to 4.
- The book takes place in winter, (possibly because it was released in December), while the episode takes place in the spring.
- Howie and the Shouters are cut from the episode, possibly because they wouldn't partake of being for a child's birthday party.
- In the book, Larry notices a dog with Manny's hair before the dog runs off after he founds the house to be empty. Manny never appears in dog form until the very end in the episode.
- In the book, the tanning lotion said, "INSTA-TAN, RUB ON A DARK SUNTAN IN MINUTES", in the episode it reads, "INSTANT TAN, GIVES YOU AN INSTANT TAN".
"My Hairiest Adventure" was released on DVD on September 7, 2010, as the third and last episode on The Blob That Ate Everyone. It was included in a 3-Pack Thriller DVD on August 26, 2014.
|Title||Release date||Media type|
The Blob That Ate Everyone
|September 7, 2010||DVD|
|August 26, 2014||DVD|
- This episode was adapted into Goosebumps Presents book #6.
- This episode was reviewed by famed internet reviewer JonTron for his 2013 Halloween special. He also reviewed the episodes "Don't Go to Sleep" and "Ghost Beach".