He tried to write a note to Ray but was caught by Mr Haha Face and sent to Clown Street, a prison for clowns that are abused by the true main villain of the book The Frightener. At the end of the book, Ray couldn't wash off his clown makeup on him. It is also assumed that Theo couldn't wash off his makeup as well and went insane as Murder the Clown.
- The human version of Murder the Clown appears in the 2015 Goosebumps movie portrayed by Marshall Choka, but credited as "Monster #4." He is one of the villains and monster assembled by Slappy to wreak havoc in the town. Murder the Clown's appearance is much different from how he is pictured in the book. Murder doesn't speak in the movie, but his nose honked everytime he laughed. When the monsters are sucked into R.L. Stine's book, Murder the Clown briefly loses his wig before being sucked in.
- He appears as one of the many monsters hunting the player in the mobile title Night of Scares as an enemy.
- Murder was featured in the Goosebumps Horrorland as well but was a Horror and not a person.
- He is the most recent monster to appear in the 2015 Goosebumps movie, with his book released just 8 months prior
- The cover of his book shows him dodging axes being thrown at him.
- Murder was mentioned to have a hatchet in his head, however in the cover of A Nightmare On Clown Street there is no hatchet.
- In the film, he has white make-up, instead of red. His appearance is very similar to Pennywise from Stephen King's It, except his hair is shorter, and half of his suit is blue.