|Monster Blood III|
|Tagline||Evan's growing up way too fast!|
|Cover artist||Tim Jacobus|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|Release date||March 1995|
|Number of Endings|
|Previous book||The Cuckoo Clock of Doom|
|Next book||It Came from Beneath the Sink!|
Evan's annoying little cousin, Kermit Majors, is getting on his nerves. Kermit is always conducting strange experiments, that usually get Evan in trouble. Andy decides to help Evan strike back by sticking a bit of Monster Blood in one of Kermit's mixtures. The mixture grows larger but then bursts, flying around the room. Evan accidentally swallows some and soon begins to grow bigger and bigger, almost ending up trapped in the basement. He narrowly escapes and stops growing, when he is several stories high. His clothes also grow with him, because they are splashed with some of the monster blood.
At first, he gets children's kites out of trees and they call Evan " Super Evan", but he crushes a car. After more unintentional accidents, the police and fire department hound the enormous Evan, believing he is an alien. Fortunately, Kermit quickly invents a compound which will make him shrink. Evan drinks the formula and (after a few unwanted results such as turning blue, getting hiccups and growing feathers), he shrinks, but shrinks too much and finds himself only a few inches tall.
You asked for more - and here it is!
It's the slime that never dies
Kermit loves playing nasty practical jokes on his friends. But his friends are going to teach him a lesson he'll never forget.
Monster Blood III Goosebumps #29 by R.L. Stine
Oozing into a bookstore near you!
- The front cover follows artist Tim Jacobus' long tradition of incorporating Converse sneakers into the cover artwork.
- Monster Blood III is referenced by the main character in Beware of the Purple Peanut Butter, the sixth Give Yourself Goosebumps book.
- The Blogger Beware review for this book is set out like a quiz, but the correct answer is always choice "C".
- Kermit is referred to as an adult scientist in Beware of the Purple Peanut Butter, but is not actually seen.
- This book was never made into a television episode for the Goosebumps television series.