The cover shows a slimey green lizard hatching out if an egg. There's an alternative version of the cover, with the lizard having darker scales, a longer spike on its head, and a slightly darker background.
Kate Lipton's family has some strange ideas. Her dad is convinced that their family should be running a farm for lizards. Who doesn't love lizards? The whole family takes a trip to Australia to find the most exciting and rare species. They return home with a mysterious egg.
Kate can't wait for the egg to hatch. It feels like it's taking forever! But when it does, strange things start to happen. She can't help but notice certain changes around her house. Will Kate and her family be able to survive this Lizard of Oz?
- The title is a reference to the 1939 movie, The Wizard of Oz.
- This is the second book to reference The Wizard of Oz. The first book was The Wizard of Ooze.
- When this book was first announced, it was originally titled "Lizard of Oz". Later, the word "The" was added to the title.
- The alternative cover art (the cover with the darker lizard) was created after the final cover art (the cover with the light green lizard). It is unknown why the original art was chosen instead of the newer cover art.
- According to early synopses of this book, Kate's last name was originally Kate Orton prior to the book's release. However, Kate's last name is Lipton in the book.
|Goosebumps Most Wanted series|
|#01 Planet of the Lawn Gnomes||#06 Creature Teacher: The Final Exam|
|#02 Son of Slappy||#07 A Nightmare on Clown Street|
|#03 How I Met My Monster||#08 Night of the Puppet People|
|#04 Frankenstein's Dog||#09 Here Comes the Shaggedy|
|#05 Dr. Maniac Will See You Now||#10 The Lizard of Oz|
|Goosebumps Most Wanted: Special Edition|
|#01 Zombie Halloween||#03 Trick or Trap|
|#02 The 12 Screams of Christmas||#04 The Haunter|