Goosebumps Series 2000 is the successor to the original Goosebumps series, written by R.L. Stine. It began in January 1998 with Cry of the Cat, one month after the final book in the original series was published. The series ended in January 2000 with Ghost in the Mirror. Twenty-five books were published in the series, with one unpublished. That being the twenty-sixth book, The Incredible Shrinking Fifth Grader. The series ended abruptly when R.L. Stine's contract with Scholastic ended, along with Give Yourself Goosebumps, and the planned Goosebumps Gold series.
The series stated to be scarier than the original Goosebumps books, with the taglines boasting: 2000 times the scares!, and Welcome to the new millennium of fear!
For international releases, please click on one of the following:
- Cry of the Cat
- Bride of the Living Dummy
- Creature Teacher
- Invasion of the Body Squeezers: Part 1
- Invasion of the Body Squeezers: Part Two
- I Am Your Evil Twin
- Revenge R Us
- Fright Camp
- Are You Terrified Yet?
- Headless Halloween
- Attack of the Graveyard Ghouls
- Brain Juice
- Return to HorrorLand
- Jekyll and Heidi
- Scream School
- The Mummy Walks
- The Werewolf in the Living Room
- Horrors of the Black Ring
- Return to Ghost Camp
- Be Afraid – Be Very Afraid!
- The Haunted Car
- Full Moon Fever
- Slappy's Nightmare
- Earth Geeks Must Go!
- Ghost in the Mirror
List of characters
- Despite being called "Series 2000", the only book to be released in the year 2000 was the final book, Ghost in the Mirror.
- This series featured a sequel to One Day at HorrorLand, Ghost Camp, and two sequels to the Night of the Living Dummy books.
References in other media
- The Body Squeezers, the Graveyard Ghouls, Emperor Pukrah and the Haunted Car appear in the Goosebumps film as background monsters.
|Main series||Original series • Series 2000 • HorrorLand • Hall of Horrors • Most Wanted • SlappyWorld|
|Spin-off series||Tales to Give You Goosebumps • Give Yourself Goosebumps • Goosebumps Presents • Triple Header|