NOTE: NONE OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE IS CONFIRMED. IT IS ONLY FAN SPECULATION.
Previously, it was heavily speculated that the film would feature the theme park HorrorLand in some way. In May 2017, the title "Goosebumps HorrorLand" was announced to be the film's title, but this was later changed.
Returning monsters/villains speculated to appear
- Slappy the Dummy from Night of the Living Dummy was the main antagonist in the first film, so it's likely he'll make an appearance in this movie.
- Possibly The Haunted Car as well, due to Slappy and The Car being close allies.
- Brent Green from My Best Friend Is Invisible is likely to return, because he was the only monster from the first film to not be trapped inside the book for a second time.
- Hannah Fairchild from The Ghost Next Door was one of the main protagonists of the first film, so she is likely to return, along with Zach Cooper, Champ, and Stine.
- The Haunted Mask from the book of the same name could have a bigger role in this film, due to complaints by fans that it wasn't in the first film enough. If The Haunted Mask returns, Carly Beth will likely return as well.
New monsters/villains speculated to appear
- The HorrorLand Horrors from One Day at HorrorLand could make an appearance, especially since the film was once believed include Horrorland in the title.
- Curly the Skeleton (former Goosebumps mascot) from the Tales to Give You Goosebumps series is hoped by fans to make an appearance, especially since he appeared in the second issue of Monsters at Midnight.
- All the monsters and villains who were scrapped from the early draft of the first film could have a chance of appearing, especially popular monsters such as Monster Blood and Cuddles the Hamster.
- A possible reason why there are a few manuscripts that were never opened in the first film may be because Slappy was saving them, but never got a chance to release them.