Goosebumps HorrorLand is a series of books written by R.L. Stine. It began in 2008, and ended in 2011 with nineteen books published. The series was a serialized adventure welcoming fans to HorrorLand, a vast theme park run by creatures called Horrors. The series also had story arcs, a Goosebumps first.
Each book had two stories. The first ten books had its own self-contained storyline which takes place outside the gates of HorrorLand, with a secondary story thread which leads its main character to HorrorLand only in the final few chapters. The next two books in the series served to wrap up the HorrorLand plot, uniting the characters and villains from the first ten books in a single climactic storyline. Books 13-19 featured a new storyline with different characters. The storyline centered around a HorrorLand gift shop and the protagonists who shopped there. The 19th and final book in the series wrapped up the story and brought all the characters from the last 6 books together.
|1||Revenge of the Living Dummy||April 2008||135|
|2||Creep from the Deep||April 2008||151|
|3||Monster Blood for Breakfast!||May 2008||137|
|4||The Scream of the Haunted Mask||August 2008||139|
|5||Dr. Maniac vs. Robby Schwartz||October 2008||122|
|6||Who's Your Mummy?||January 2009||133|
|7||My Friends Call Me Monster||January 2009||138|
|8||Say Cheese — and Die Screaming!||March 2009||125|
|9||Welcome to Camp Slither||April 2009||133|
|10||Help! We Have Strange Powers!||April 2009||133|
|11||Escape from HorrorLand||June 2009||132|
|12||The Streets of Panic Park||July 2009||137|
|13||When the Ghost Dog Howls||January 2010||137|
|14||Little Shop of Hamsters||March 2010||135|
|15||Heads, You Lose!||May 2010||136|
|16||Weirdo Halloween||July 2010||192|
|17||The Wizard of Ooze||September 2010||142|
|18||Slappy New Year!||November 2010||141|
|19||The Horror at Chiller House||January 2011||140|
- Revenge of the Living Dummy
- Creep from the Deep
- Monster Blood for Breakfast!
- The Scream of the Haunted Mask
- Dr. Maniac vs. Robby Schwartz
- Who's Your Mummy?
- My Friends Call Me Monster
- Say Cheese — and Die Screaming!
- Welcome to Camp Slither
- Help! We Have Strange Powers!
- Escape From HorrorLand
- The Streets of Panic Park
- When the Ghost Dog Howls
- Little Shop of Hamsters
- Heads, You Lose
- Weirdo Halloween
- The Wizard of Ooze
- Slappy New Year
- The Horror at Chiller House
Enter HorrorLand (story)
- Main article: Enter HorrorLand (story)
The first twelve books in the Goosebumps HorrorLand series are interconnected. The first ten books in the series tell independent stories, but each book features an "Enter HorrorLand" section at the end of each story. In this section, the protagonists of each book received an invitation to HorrorLand. The eleventh and twelfth books in the series are entirely focused on concluding the combined Enter HorrorLand story.
List of characters
- This series has characters from the old series, being Slappy, Carly Beth, Sabrina, Billy and Sheena Deep, The Haunted Mask, and Lizzy and Luke Morris meeting each other.
- The eighteenth book, Slappy New Year!, shares a name with one of the Goosebumps Gold books. The Goosebumps Gold books were cancelled in the early 2000s due to the expiration of R.L. Stine's contract with Scholastic. Although the titles are almost identical, Stine confirmed that the Goosebumps Gold version of Slappy New Year did not have the same plot as the Goosebumps HorrorLand book.
References in other media
|Main series||Original series • Series 2000 • HorrorLand • Hall of Horrors • Most Wanted • SlappyWorld|
|Spin-off series||Tales to Give You Goosebumps • Give Yourself Goosebumps • Goosebumps Presents • Triple Header|