A sequel to the 2015 film Goosebumps is coming to theaters in the United States on October 12, 2018 by Columbia Pictures. The producers of the first film, Deborah Forte and Neal H. Moritz, are returning.
The film was originally titled Goosebumps HorrorLand, but many sources state that the title will be Goosebumps: Slappy's Revenge. Instagram posts by the upcoming film's director, Ari Sandel, suggest that the film may be called Goosebumps: Slappy Halloween.
Backstage reported that the film would center around "Slappy, the evil ventriloquist’s dummy who’s hell-bent on jump-starting the Halloween apocalypse. Three friends must stop the stuffed adversary before he ruins Halloween for good." Omega Underground went further in detail, saying that there will be "a set of new kids, who include a 17-year-old named Sarah, her brother Sonny and his best friend Sam." Neither of the claims appear to have been officially confirmed by Columbia Pictures.
- Directed by Ari Sandel
- Screenplay by Rob Lieber
- Produced by Deborah Forte and Neal H. Moritz
- Based on the Goosebumps books written by R.L. Stine
Sony announced on September 2, 2015 that a sequel was on it's way, though the first film wasn't due to come out for another month. On April 26, 2016, it was reported that Rob Letterman would return to direct the film, and Darren Lemke would handle the script. On January 17, 2017, Sony announced that the movie would hit theaters on January 26, 2018. On February 7, 2017, Sony announced that they would push back the release date to September 21, 2018. On May 18, 2017, official title for the film was announced as Goosebumps HorrorLand, and it was stated that Jack Black would be respiring his role as R.L. Stine. A teaser image was also released.
On June 12, 2017, R.L. Stine teased Slappy would appear in the film in a tweet on Twitter.  On November 2, 2017, it was reported by Variety that Rob Lieber wrote a script for the film. According to the report, Lieber's script did not include Jack Black as R.L. Stine. However, it is said that Black could return if his schedule allows, and there are other scripts being considered that do have Black's character.
On December 12, 2017, the official director was stated to be Ari Sandel instead of Rob Letterman., during the same month, the film got pushed back to October 12, 2018.
Filming is expected to begin on Feb. 25th and will conclude sometime in spring.
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BehWF_bHWmL/?taken-by=arisandel
- ↑ Jack Black Gets Goosebumps Again (mirror)
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE: ‘Goosebumps: Slappy’s Revenge’ Plot Details (mirror)
- ↑ Goosebumps 2 Release Date Set
- ↑ New September 2018 Release Date for GOOSEBUMPS Sequel
- ↑ Goosebumps 2 Title Revealed
- ↑ R.L. Stine on Twitter: "The Goosebumps movie sequel is tentatively called Goosebumps HorrorLand and is slated for September, 2018. Watch out for Slappy!" (mirror)
- ↑ Sony Taps Rob Lieber to Write ‘Goosebumps 2’ Script
- ↑ Goosebumps Movie Sequel Lands A New Director