Goosebumps HorrorLand is the upcoming sequel to the 2015 Goosebumps film, coming to theaters in the United States on September 21, 2018 by Columbia Pictures. Rob Letterman (director of the first film), Darren Lemke (screenwriter of the first film) are returning for the sequel, along with the producers of the first film, Deborah Forte and Neal H. Moritz.
The film is currently in pre-production.
- Directed by Rob Letterman
- Screenplay by Darren Lemke
- Produced by Deborah Forte and Neal H. Moritz
- Based on the Goosebumps books written by R.L. Stine
Sony announced on September 2, 2015 that a sequel was on it's way, though the first film wasn't due to come out for another month. On April 26, 2016, it was reported that Rob Letterman would return to direct the film, and Darren Lemke would handle the script. On January 17, 2017, Sony announced that the movie would hit theaters on January 26, 2018. On February 7, 2017, Sony announced that they would push back the release date to September 21, 2018. On May 18, 2017, official title for the film was announced as Goosebumps HorrorLand, and it was stated that Jack Black would be respiring his role as R.L. Stine. A teaser image was also released.
On June 12, 2017, R.L. Stine teased Slappy would appear in the film in a tweet on Twitter.  On November 2, 2017, it was reported by Variety that Rob Lieber wrote a script for the film. According to the report, Lieber's script did not include Jack Black as R.L. Stine. However, it is said that Black could return if his schedule allows, and there are other scripts being considered that do have Black's character.
- ↑ Goosebumps 2 Release Date Set
- ↑ New September 2018 Release Date for GOOSEBUMPS Sequel
- ↑ Goosebumps 2 Title Revealed
- ↑ R.L. Stine on Twitter: "The Goosebumps movie sequel is tentatively called Goosebumps Horrorland and is slated for September, 2018. Watch out for Slappy!" (mirror)
- ↑ Sony Taps Rob Lieber to Write ‘Goosebumps 2’ Script