|Escape from Camp Run-For-Your-Life|
|Tagline||On your mark. Get set. Scream!|
|Cover artist||Mark Nagata|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|Release date||July 1997|
|Number of Endings||23|
|Series||Give Yourself Goosebumps|
|Previous book||Attack of the Beastly Babysitter|
|Next book||Toy Terror: Batteries Included|
Escape from Camp Run-For-Your-Life was the nineteenth book in the Give Yourself Goosebumps gamebook series. It was preceded by Attack of the Beastly Babysitter and followed by Toy Terror: Batteries Included.
The cover consisted of three zombies sitting around a campfire in a forest, with a pink sky in the background. A camp counselor is in the middle with two zombie children on either side of him. He is holding a stick, that has spiders and worms skewered on it. The tagline was, On your mark. Get set. Scream!
It was released in July 1997 and was 137 pages long.
You attend a summer sports camp called Camp Running Leaf, that turns out to be run by alien invaders. There is also a mountain known as "Zombie Mountain" nearby, which is aptly named because it's infested with zombies.
Story A involves you being forced to team up with a girl you really do not like (Kim) and having to deal with escaping the zombies.
Story B involves you joining the only other character who has free will, after you pretend to eat the eggs given to you.
- Many involve Kim simply ditching you, leaving you to die.
- You switch roles with a skeleton after taking its skull (It turns into a human and you become a living skeleton).
- Eaten by an alligator (2 endings).
- Becoming a slave on the alien planet Xentron.
- The Cemetery Man unleashes zombies on you and Kim.
- A mountain goat ends up kicking you off the edge of a cliff.
- Zombies brutally tear you apart.
- Landing in flames, when you dismount from the parallel bars.
- Uncle Ed captures you for Coach Rex.
- Literally brainwashed into being obedient.
- It is implied that you were eaten by a mountain lion.
- Xentronians attack the Earth and the human race is destroyed.
- The Cemetery Man turns everyone on Earth, including you, into zombies.
- One actually comes from letting Kim die. Then you find Camp Pendleton, the camp that you were supposed to go to earlier.
- Uncle Ed uses the water pistol to turn the Cemetery Man into a zombie. You receive a huge check and get to go to Camp Pendleton, following the Cemetery Man's capture.
- You escape the camp and run all the way to your friend Coleen's place. You decide to go to computer camp next year.
- You get arrested by a cop and you tell him about Camp-Run-For-Your-Life. A movie maker hears about it and you become the richest kid in America, as you make your own camp.
- One interesting choice-making method employed in the book is the requirement to point at a location on a map of the United States.
- There are more than twenty possible endings.
- Oddly, there are no tests based on the Goosebumps book series, despite the fact that there were tons of camp based stories.
- The producer in one of the good endings, who wants to make a movie about the reader's experiences is named Vincent Vealberg. His last name is probably supposed to sound like "Spielberg", which would make him based on Steven Spielberg, a real life producer. R.L. would later reuse the joke in Into the Twister of Terror.