- Evan Morgan as Jeff
- A.J. Cook as Kim
- Lea-Helen Weir as Shawna
- Fiona Reid as Jeff's Mom
- Michael Hanrahan as Jeff's Dad
- Peter Jarvis as The Mummy
- Richard Denison as Archaeologist
- Farzad Sadrian as Hakim
- Ron Obadia as Delivery Man
- Jonathan Tanner as TV Mummy
Differences from the story
- Jeff is not just afraid of mummies, but of everything the slightest bit spooky.
- Kim had a friend staying over during the episode, who was not at all in the short story.
- Kim plays multiple tricks on Jeff, though she does dress as a mummy for her final trick.
- Their father only appears in a telephone call.
- The entire television episode takes place at Jeff's home. So he never visits the library or buys the mummies dust.
- The mummy was not chained inside of the sarcophagus.
- In the episode, it is said the mummy killed his brother so that he could rule.
- The ending was changed also. The mummy is living, due to someone disturbing its sarcophagus and tries to get back its heart. But the heart gets destroyed when Jeff turns on the garbage disposal. Also, the mummy's cat attacks Jeff at the very last second in the television episode.
"Don't Wake Mummy" was released on DVD on March 31, 2009, as the second episode on Return of the Mummy. It was included in a 3-Pack Thriller DVD on August 26, 2014.
|Title||Release date||Media type|
Return of the Mummy
|March 31, 2009||DVD|
|August 26, 2014||DVD|
- This episode was made during the season three production run. But it was aired during season two.
- This is the first episode to be based on Tales to Give You Goosebumps story.
- This is a title spoof of the Parker Brothers game, Don't Wake Daddy.
- Peter Jarvis, who played the mummy, also played Prince Khor-Ru, the mummy in "Return of the Mummy", and it is possible they were meant to be the same character (at least in the TV series). The costume, make-up and characterization were certainly very similar.
- Jeff and Kim's house is actually Freddy and Cara's house from "Vampire Breath" with the inside redressed.