"Cry of the Cat" is the fifth and sixth episodes of season 4 and the seventy-fifth and seventy-sixth episodes overall. It is based on the first Goosebumps Series 2000 book of the same name. It premiered on Fox Kids Network on October 31, 1998.
- Hamille Rustia as Allison Rogers
- Corey Sevier as Ryan
- Arthur Eng as Larry Graham
- Padraigin Murphy as Crystal
- Christine Brubaker as Marta
- Fiona Highet as Jill
- Diana Salvatore as Eve
- Kate Hennig as Crystal's Mom
- Robert Young as Banacek (as Black Katt)
- R.D. Reid as Dr. Mason
- Kevin Hicks as Dr. McDermid
- Colleen Williams as Nurse Fruett
- Mike Piecakz as Boom Man
Differences from the Book
- In the book, Allison is an ordinary girl. In the TV version, she's a bratty teen actress starring in a horror movie.
- In the television episode, she did not decapitate the cat, just hit it with her bike.
- In the book, Rip looked like most other cats. In the TV episode, he looks more like a gargoyle than a cat.
- In the book, Rip was killed by his own slaves. In the TV episode, he was destroyed by a wind-up mouse that was laced with a volatile chemical.
- The surprise ending is that the entire television episode was the movie she made and she complains about the lack of a surprise ending (until she finds out that Ryan is eating a mouse in the kitchen, a result of being scratched by Rip just before his demise). This is a self-reference to the surprise endings usually always found in the series.
- Goof: When Alison leaves her dressing room and walks across the studio lot, as the camera pans past the security guard booth, the whole crew walking past is reflected in the glass, along with their equipment.
- These television episodes have been released on DVD.
- Cory Sevier (Ryan) played Eddie in Season 1's, "A Night in Terror Tower".
- Hamille Rustia (Alison) played Iris in Season 2's, "Calling All Creeps!".
- About thirteen minutes and twenty-four seconds into part 1, in the close up of Alison, to the left of her head is a sign that says "The HorrorLand Horrors Welcome You To HorrorLand", which clearly references a previous Goosebumps television episode, "One Day at HorrorLand".
- When Alison tries to unlock the door to her dressing room the first time, she hears Rip growling and ignores it. Then it happens again and there is a camera shot that backs away about 20 feet. To the right is a large advertisement with a mummy's right hand that says: "Two Thumbs Up". Under that is the Goosebumps logo, which is not clearly visible. To the right of the logo, you can zoom in and clearly see the Canadian YTV logo.
- Allison is riding her bike to learn her lines. Right when she hits Rip and falls off her bike, a movie script falls out of her backpack. This is the actual script of the television episode of Cry of the Cat.
- The opening scene is a parody of the film The Exorcist.
- This and "Bride of the Living Dummy" are the only episodes to be made from Goosebumps Series 2000 Books