The Creeps are a race of purple lizard-like creatures. Four of them appear in the form of Ricky Beamer's tormentors named Wart, Brenda, David, and Jared.
As part of his revenge on Tasha McClain, Ricky types a message on the paper saying "Calling all creeps. Calling all creeps. If you're a real creep, call Natasha at 555-6709 after midnight." Later that night, Ricky gets calls from children saying they are creeps and saying weird stuff like "When shall we meet?" The next day at school, Ricky later gets a paper message stating "Where shall we meet?" When Ricky is about to leave school, Wart, Brenda, David, and Jared get a hold on him and take him to the forest near school. They are very serious. Then they start apologizing to Ricky and start calling him their commander. At first, Ricky takes it all as a joke. Then they transform into purple lizard-like creatures with long fork tongues. They think Ricky is their commander, because of what it said in the paper. They say human beings are the past and creeps are the future. They ask Ricky where to plant the identity seeds to turn everybody into creeps.
Ricky plays along and tries to get away to get help, but Wart says he has got a plan. They will sneak into the lunchroom and put the identity seeds in the food, so everybody becomes a creep. After the first attempt with placing the identity in the pastas fail, the identity seeds are placed in the cookies by the second attempt. After being made fun of for the last time, Ricky allows the students to eat the cookies. Ricky then eats the cookies himself and becomes a creep gaining control of the other creeps.
Goosebumps (comic series)
Download and Die
After getting her phone broken and accidentally wounding herself on the phone's broken glass, Mitra finds a box in her locker which contains a brand new phone. After perusing and making use of some of its capabilities, she later finds a game app called "Creeps". The point of the game is to seemingly seed cities with identity seeds, via the use of digital creeps, by first baking them into cookies and then delivering them building to building, while avoiding cars and other moving obstacles. The first round involved seeding Tulsa, Oklahoma while the next few rounds involved seeding cities such as Seattle, Portland, San Diego and San Francisco.
While sitting at the waiting area of a hospital awaiting news of her injured brother Mehrdad, Mitra got a notification saying: "Your town's been creeped!". After sending a message asking if she could get her own box of Creep Cookies, the game's operators replied by saying that the game was coming to her home, as well as asking for her street address.
The following morning, Mitra watched a news telecast about a new infection popping up in Tulsa, Seattle, Portland and San Diego among people of all age groups. In a separate news telecast, another reporter remarked about how doctors were noticing a purplish tinge forming around people's eyes which was presumed to be an effect of the weather.
Later that day, just as Mitra and her friends were cornered by Slappy and Curly the Skeleton, a group of four Creeps finally made their appearance, ripping off the flesh-like substance they were using to disguise themselves as human. They then acknowledged the Creeps app as having been of their doing, and like Slappy, wished to take ownership of the mysterious phone for their own version of world domination. Slappy and Curly then attacked the four Creeps, giving Mitra and her friends time to escape.
After the phone's destruction and Slappy's apparent demise, the Creeps for some reason made no further appearance.
- In the TV adaptation, the creeps are depicted as yellow lizard-like creatures. Only Wart, Brenda, and David are present in the episode.
- The Creeps have been sighted in the 2015 Goosebumps film, but there is only three of them: Ricky Beamer, Wart and Brenda. Brenda is portrayed by Katie Lumpkin, but is credited as "Monster #17." Ricky Beamer is portrayed by Lucky Mangione, but is credited as "Monster #19." Wart is portrayed by Ashton Lee Wolden, but is credited as "Monster #27". They are seen in the gym with the other monsters, chasing R.L. Stine, Zach, Hannah, Champ, and Taylor.
- The Creeps appear in Download and Die!
- Apparently in the Goosebumps film, Brenda and Wart are in love.
- Jared and David don't appear in the film.
- Jared was also absent in the TV adaptation.
- Like many of the other monsters in the film, neither of the Creeps speak.
- In the movie, Wart's jacket has the triforce from "The Legend of Zelda" designed on it. (It can be easily seen in the Monster Survival Guide)