Blogger Beware is a blog run by Troy Steele that reviews Goosebumps books. The blog currently contains reviews for all original Goosebumps books, the Tales to Give You Goosebumps books, and the Goosebumps Series 2000 books.
The first review posted on Blogger Beware was Troy Steele's review of the book Egg Monsters from Mars on January 19, 2006. Throughout the next two years, Troy would go on to review every book in the original Goosebumps series, with his final review being his review of Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes on June 30, 2008. After this review, Troy went on to review all books in Goosebumps Series 2000. At one point, Troy Steele stated that he may eventually move on to reviewing the HorrorLand series and possibly even the Ghosts of Fear Street series, a book series similar to Goosebumps.
Blogger Beware went on a long hiatus after More Tales to Give You Goosebumps was reviewed on May 9, 2011. Over the course of the next year, the only featured updates on the blog did not contain reviews. On June 5, 2012, Troy uploaded a review for Revenge of the Living Dummy. This was the first time that a Goosebumps HorrorLand book had been reviewed on Blogger Beware.
Revenge of the Living Dummy is currently the last Goosebumps book to be reviewed by Troy. Troy's blog has been completely dormant for over a year and is not currently being updated.
10 Best Books
In a retrospective of the Goosebumps originals series, Troy made up a list of ten best and ten (or eleven) worst Goosebumps book. The bests are:
- Be Careful What You Wish For...
- Ghost Camp
- Werewolf Skin
- You Can't Scare Me!
- The Haunted School
- The Headless Ghost
- The Ghost Next Door
- Welcome to Camp Nightmare
- Stay Out of the Basement
- How I Learned to Fly
10 Worst Books
In a retrospective of the Goosebumps originals series, Troy made up a list of ten best and ten (or eleven) worst Goosebumps book. Though he has states the list only has ten books, in reality it has eleven, because one book got was ranked at #0 (Chicken Chicken). The worsts are:
- Chicken Chicken & Monster Blood IV
- Legend of the Lost Legend
- Attack of the Jack O'Lanterns
- A Shocker on Shock Street
- Egg Monsters from Mars
- The Abominable Snowman of Pasadena
- Deep Trouble II
- Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes
- Say Cheese and Die - Again!
- My Best Friend Is Invisible
- The original Goosebumps series reviews were updated in a random order (but appear in order in the links), but Goosebumps Series 2000 was updated in chronological order.
- Egg Monsters from Mars was the first Goosebumps book to be reviewed.
- Troy jokingly uses the ending for My Hairiest Adventure at random occurrences.
- Several running jokes have evolved in the running of Blogger Beware.
- The reviews for some of the more predictable books (in Troy's opinion) are written in the form of a quiz, with the correct answer always being the same choice (usually choice "C").
- Unlike with the original series, Troy did not reveal which of the Goosebumps Series 2000 books were the best and which were the worst. Troy simply described the books as "forgettable".