Be Careful What You Wish For is the first episode of Season 2 of the Goosebumps TV series. The episodes aired on Fox Network on August 10, 1996. The episode was based on the Goosebumps book Be Careful What You Wish For.... It was directed by René Bonnière.
- Melody Johnson as Samantha
- Ellen-Ray Hennessy as Clarissa
- Susan Cooke as Judith
- Robin Weekes as Cory
- Simone Rosenberg as Anna Frost
- Catherine Fitch as Coach
Differences from the Book
- Samantha is not unnaturally tall in TV episode.
- In the book, Samantha wishes for everyone to disappear. But in the television episode, she wishes for everyone to buzz off and everyone else except for herself and Clarissa turns into a fly.
- The ending is different. In the book, Judith's first wish from Clarissa is for Samantha to "Fly away, Byrd!" and Samantha is then turned into a crow and enjoys her new life away from being bullied and harassed. In the TV version, Judith's first wish after Clarissa begins granting her wishes is to be beautiful and admired. Judith is then turned into a park statue as nearby people admire it, Samantha smiling in happiness now that her worst enemy is gone. Although, there was a reference to the original book ending, at the last few seconds when a crow (presumably Clarissa in another form) lands on the top of the Judith statue.
- Samantha's brother (Ron), father, and dog do not appear in the episode.
- In the book Samantha had blonde hair and Judith had red hair, but in the television episode, Samantha has red hair and Judith has blonde hair.
- This television episode was adapted into Goosebumps Presents Book #8
- Robin Weekes (Cory) would later on play Nathan in The House of No Return
- The school that was used to film Montrose Middle School is John English Junior Middle School in Etobicoke, Toronto, Ontario.